Bottomless wonders spring from simple rules, which are repeated without end.
— Mandelbrot, ~1980
Example of complex systems
Anderson, Philip W., and Evolutionary Paths of the Global Economy Workshop, eds. 1996. The Economy as an Evolving Complex System: The Proceedings of the Evolutionary Paths of the Global Economy Workshop, Held September, 1987 in Santa Fe, New Mexico. 8. print. Santa Fe Institute Studies in the Sciences of Complexity. Reading, Mass.: Addison-Wesley Publ. Co.
- Christopher Langton
- Melanie Mitchell
- NK model
- Article: Uncertain times
- Automated discovery in complex systems
- Chemical reaction network
- Article: What Is an Individual? Biology Seeks Clues in Information Theory.
- Notes on: The information theory of individuality by Krakauer, D., Bertschinger, N., Olbrich, E., Flack, J. C., & Ay, N. (2020)
- Notes on: The Architecture of Complexity by Simon, H. A. (1962)
- Notes on: Reservoir Computing in Artificial Spin Ice by Jensen, J. H., & Tufte, G. (2020)
- Notes on: A model of urban evolution based on innovation diffusion by Raimbault, J. (2020)
- Santa Fe Institute
- Ising model
- Article: The Cartoon Picture of Magnets That Has Transformed Science
- Boolean networks